The Roland G-1000 Arranger Workstation is the flagship of the G-Series Intelligent Arranger keyboards. It offers new features combined with new music styles and Standard MIDI Files developed by professional musicians worldwide. Features include:
• 76-note semi-weighted, velocity sensitive keyboard with aftertouch
• New sound palette with 1,152 sounds and 43 drum sets
• 64-voice polyphony and 32-part multitimbral operation
• 128 internal music styles
• Zip™ disk included containing 306 Standard MIDI Files and 441 additional music styles
• Innovative functions like Style Database, Disk Style Link, User Style Composer and SMF-to-Style Converter
• 89 onboard digital effects
• Built-in Zip drive and external SCSI port allow you to quickly load and store large amounts of songs, styles, and Standard MIDI Files
• Smart user interface with two programmable function pads
• Mounting the Zip Disk
To automatically mount a Zip disk in the G-1000:
1) Turn the G-1000 off.
2) Insert the Zip disk in the Zip drive.
3) Turn the G-1000 on.
• Playing Demo Songs
Use the following procedure to play the G-1000 demo songs:
1) Simultaneously press (4 ) DOWN and (4 ) UP (under Performance Memory) so that “00 Free Pnl” is displayed.
2) Insert the G-1000 demo disk into the disk drive.
3) Press PLAY/STOP (under Recorder) to start playback and adjust the VOLUME slider as desired.
NOTE: To play a specific song, press SONG SELECT so it is lit and use the PREVIOUS and NEXT buttons to select the desired song after step #2 above.
Use the following procedure to mute parts of the demo song:
1) Press F5 [Exit] to access the “MASTER” page (if necessary).
2) Press the F1 [Mixer] button.
3) Press F3 [Song] .
4) Use the DRUMS / PART knob to select the desired Part.
5) Use the UPPER VARIATION knob to change the “Status” of the Part from “On” to “Mute.”
6) Repeat steps 3 and 4 to mute other Parts as desired.
7) Press F5 [Exit] to return to the “MASTER” page.
• Selecting Tones
Use the following procedure to select tones:
1) Press GM/GS MODE so it is off.
2) Press UPPER 1 (under the display) so it is lit.
3) Press UPPER 1 (under KEYBOARD MODE) so it is lit.
4) Use the GROUP buttons (under TONE / PERFORMANCE) to select the desired group of instruments.
5) Use the TONE / PERFORMANCE 1-8 buttons to select the desired Bank.
6) Use the TONE / PERFORMANCE 1-8 buttons to select the desired Tone.
7) Use the VARIATION button (under TONE / PERFORMANCE) to select a Variation Tone.
• Layering Tones
Use the following procedure to layer two tones across the whole keyboard:
1) Press UPPER 1 and select A11 “Piano 1” (as described previously).
2) Press UPPER 2 and select A72 “Legato Str.” (as described previously).
3) Press RIGHT UPPER 1 (under Keyboard Mode) so it is lit.
4) Press RIGHT UPPER 2 (under Keyboard Mode) so it is lit.
5) Press WHOLE RIGHT.
6) Play the keyboard to hear piano and strings.
• Selecting Music Styles
The G-1000 features 128 internal music styles and 441 music styles on the included Zip disk. Use the following procedure to select music styles:
1) Press SELECT (under MUSIC STYLE / MIDI SET) to select “STYLE.”
2) Use the GROUP buttons (under MUSIC STYLE / MIDI SET) to select the desired group.
3) Use the MUSIC STYLE / MIDI SET 1-8 buttons to select the desired bank.
4) Use the MUSIC STYLE / MIDI SET 1-8 buttons to select a style from within that bank.
5) Press SYNCHRO so that “START” is lit.
6) Play a chord on the keyboard below middle C to start the arranger.
7) Press START / STOP to stop the arranger.
• Recording with the 16-Track Sequencer
The G-1000 features an extensive 16-track sequencer. Use the following procedure to record with the sequencer:
1) Press SONG TOOLS.
2) Press M DRUMS to select “16 TRACKS SEQUENCER.”
3) Use the DRUMS / PART knob to select the track you wish to record.
4) Press PAGE DOWN (t ) twice.
5) Use the BASS/BANK knob to select the desired tone.
6) Press REC in the “RECORDER” section of the keyboard.
7) Press PLAY/STOP in the “RECORDER” section of the keyboard to begin recording and play the keyboard.
8) Press PLAY/STOP in the “RECORDER” section of the keyboard to stop recording when you are finished.
9) Press RESET to return to the beginning of the recording.
10) Press PLAY/STOP in the “RECORDER” section of the keyboard to hear the results.
11) Press PAGE UP twice and repeat steps 3-10 to record any additional tracks.
••• Options •••
PK-5 Dynamic MIDI Pedal, FC-7 Foot Controller, EV-5
Expression Pedal, FV-300L Foot Volume/Expression Pedal,
MSA/MSD Series Style Disks, DP-2/6 Pedal Switch,
LVC-1N Lyrics Converter, KC-100/300/500 Keyboard
Amplifiers, RH-20/80/120 Headphones
*All trademarks are property of their respective owners.