The ROLAND JV-35 is a 16-Part multitimbral, 28-voice polyphonic, GS/GM compatible synthesizer, with 226 Tones and 9 Drum Sets.
An additional 256 User Tones and 9 User Drum Sets can be customized and stored by the user. It can be expanded to 56-voice polyphony by installing the VE-JV1 or the VEGS1 Voice Expansion Boards.
1) Press CONTROL and MASTER.
2) Press VALUE UP to restore the original settings.
• ROM Play
1) Press LEVEL and PAN.
2) Use PARAMETER UP/DOWN to select the desired song.
3) Press VALUE UP to start song playback.
4) Press VALUE DOWN to stop playback.
5) To exit ROM Play mode, press LEVEL and PAN.
• Auditioning Sounds
The JV-35's 16 Preset Banks are stenciled on the upper right corner for easy location of the Tones.
1) Press Bank 1, Number 1: Piano 1
2) Press Bank 4, Number 1: Nylon Str-Gtr
3) Press Bank 3, Number 1. Organ1
4) Press Bank 5, Number 7: Synth Bass 1
5) Press Bank 12, Number 2: Warm Pad Some Tones will have Variations as well. Press VARIATION to hear them.
• Customizing Tones
1) Select a Tone.
2) Press Envelope, then move the corresponding
slider to alter the Attack, Decay or Release time.
3) Press Filter, then edit the Cutoff and Resonance.
4) Press Vibrato, then ease the Depth slider up to add vibrato.
5) To store an edited Tone, hold WRITE, toggle VARIATION to specify the User Tone Map 1 or 2, then press the flashing number button.
• Selecting Drum Sets
Two of the JV-35's 16 Parts can contain Drum Kits. Part 10 defaults as Drum 1. Any other Part can be assigned Drum 2 by pressing the DRUM 2 button.
1) Press DRUM 2 to make the selected Part Drum
2, or press PART <> to move to Part 10.
2) Press Number 1: Standard
3) Press Number 3: Power
4) Press Number 7: Brush
5) Press Number 8. Orchestra
6) Press Variation: SFX
• Drum Set Editing
1) While in a Drum Kit, press both PARAMETER UP/DOWN simultaneously.
2) Use the Value Slider to change the Pitch.
3) Press PARAMETER UP to access LEVEL, PANNING, PITCH, and the REVERB DEPTH.
• Splitting the Keyboard
1) Select the sound for the upper range of the keyboard.
2) Press the SPLIT button.
3) Move the cursor to the bottom of the display using the PARAMETER DOWN button.
4) Use Bank and Number to select a sound for the lower range of the keyboard.
5) To set the Split Point: Hold SPLIT, use the Value Slider to set the split point.
• Layering Sounds
1) Select a sound, then press DUAL.
2) Move the cursor to the bottom of the display by using the PARAMETER DOWN button.
3) Use Bank and Number to select a second sound.
4) Use LEVEL to balance the volume of each sound.
The JV-35 has 8 Performances which store the entire16-Part multitimbral setup, plus Key Modes such as Split and Layer.
1) To recall a Performance, hold PERFORMANCE and press a Number button, 1 thru 8.
2) To store a Performance, hold WRITE and PERFORMANCE, and press a Number button, 1 thru 8.
• Using an External Sequencer
When initialized, each Part 1-16 transmits and receives on its respective MIDI channel.
1) Use PART <> to select a Part.
2) Use Bank and Number to select a sound.
3) Record your track.
4) Use PART <> to select a new Part.
5) Repeat steps 2-4.
• Using a Voice Expander
When installed, the VE-JV1 or VE-GS1 can increase polyphony for sequencing or layering sounds. The VE-JV1 will also add 512 new sounds. To use a Voice Expander sound, press EXPANSION then Bank and Number.